Terms & Conditions
1. “Company” refers to Genepsis Studio, its lessees, contractors, sub- contractors, employees, or agents.
“Client” refers to the Bride, Groom, and any other person paying for all or a portion of the products or services contracted. If any portion of this agreement is determined to be invalid, or unenforceable for any reason, it is agreed that the invalidity of such portion shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this agreement. By signing, the client certifies that they have read and agree to all terms of this contract and to the limitations and conditions within.
Booking & Pay Schedule
1. The non-refundable deposit (20% of total cost) is payable at any time to reserve your wedding or session date. The final balance is due 1 month prior to the date of your event. No photography or video production will begin until all balances due are paid in full.
2. In the event that more than one client wishes to book wedding services on the same day, preference will go to the first client to pay the deposit.
3. All payments may be paid online upon signing this contract agreement or mailed to our corporate headquarters located at 347 5th Avenue, Suite 1402-124 New York, NY 10016. If paying by check, please make payable to Genepsis Media LLC.
4. Payment plans are subject to the terms and conditions outlined at the time of booking. Any deposit associated with this contract will initiate the payment plan.
Travel & Holiday
1. Travel Fees will be charged for any events outside of our normal operating areas of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Texas, Florida, and Alabama that require hotels, flights, or vehicle rentals. All expenses will be approved by the client and incorporated into the booking fees prior to signing this contract.
2. For any event that falls on a weekend nearest to a major holiday (Thanksgiving, New Year’s, Christmas), a $300 holiday fee per cinematographer will be applied to the total cost of the package. This fee is in place to cover additional expenses required for the photography and videography teams to be available on those dates.
Production of Wedding Day
1. Audio Recording : Due to a variety of potential problems with venue restrictions, access to audio feeds, and interference, we can not guarantee high quality audio recording of vows, toasts, or other speeches/ceremonies.
2. Aerial Cinematography : This is subject to the rules outlined in the Federal Aviation Administration’s Small UAS rule (Part 107). All flights are at the discretion of the drone operator on site and local law enforcement. In the event that aerial cinematography is not possible on the day of your wedding, Genepsis Studio will not be liable to provide any refund. Check to see if your venue allows aerial cinematography here.
3. Other Vendors : Our team makes every effort to work with your other vendors hired for tasks such as photography, videography, DJ, florals, etc. in order to ensure a successful event.
4. Vendor Meals & Breaks : If event coverage is greater than 6 hours, Client will provide a meal to the Company’s team when guests are served. If no meal is provided then all members of the team will be allotted an appropriate amount of time to go find food. The Company will not be responsible for coverage lost during this period of time.
5. Access: It is the Client’s responsibility to secure access to areas for photography and video coverage. Genepsis Studio will not be responsible for coverage lost due to access restrictions. Client assumes all responsibilities for obtaining any necessary permission, clearance permits, insurance, etc., which may be required for Genepsis Studio to photograph or record video at each event, public or private. Client assumes all responsibility for obtaining and retaining permission for access to any requested photography or video camera positions and is solely responsible for the quality of the final production resulting from the use of, or inability to use such photographic or video camera positions. Client is also responsible for paying any parking fees entailed on the ay of the event or providing parking permits.
6. Talent Release : The client warrants that he/she has the legal rights to anything given to Genepsis Studio to use in its video edits; including photos, musical recordings, or any other materials delivered to Company for inclusion in the client’s final video.
7. Sub-Contractors : Company shall have the exclusive right to enlist and direct the services of contractors and/or sub-contractors.
8. Definition of “Full Day” : A full day of coverage includes the entire time of the Client’s event.
Editing & Delivery
1. Turnaround Time : During the booking process clients will be provided an estimated turnaround time for receiving their finished photo and/or films. In order to ensure the best quality, it is at Genepsis Studio’s discretion to determine the amount of time it will take to edit the final photos or videos. If the final videos are not delivered within 12 months of the date of the event, without cause, then the client will be refunded no more than the amount paid.
2. Errors: Editing errors are corrected at no charge (i.e spelling, technical errors). Two weeks after delivery of photos and/or film, Company is not liable for any requested changes.
3. Revisions: Any requested edits or revisions after video has been delivered digitally will be charged at the current rate of $50.00 per hour for editing and labor plus additional licensing or miscellaneous fees. Allow an additional 2 weeks per project for revisions. Genepsis Studio reserves the exclusive right to edit all photos and video. Teasers or videos for social media may not be revised, other than errors, and are edited at the sole discretion of the Company.
4. Music Selection: Just as filming style is at the discretion of the cinematographer, editing style is at the discretion of the editor. Songs can be requested up to one week after Client’s wedding date. Requests will always be considered but can not be guaranteed due to licensing and style restrictions. If a song change is requested more than one week after the date of the event and/or initial delivery then the client will be charged for re-editing costs at the rate of $50.00 per hour.
5. Copyrights: The client is acting as agent for all members of the party and guests and grants Genepsis Studio all rights for display, broadcast, exhibition, promotion, and advertising use of all images produced under this contract. The finished works will also remain the property of Genepsis Studio.
6. Ownership: Company reserves the right to use these photos and videos for display, publication or other purposes. All photos and video masters and raw images and footage remain the exclusive property of Company.
7. USB & Disc Delivery: Genepsis Studio produces USBs using the most compatible media for set-top players and computers. Genepsis Studio is not responsible for incompatibility with the USB Drives created and the client’s player.
8. Backups : Finished Production will be stored in Company’s database for a term of 24 months from the date of delivery.
1. The client agrees to have critically viewed samples of Company’s photo and video work and hereby grants full editorial and production control to Company, regarding all aspects of the production and post-production services for the event.
2. Client acknowledges that he/she is familiar with the Company’s portfolio and is requesting services with knowledge of the company’s style and that the Company’s work is constantly evolving; that the Company’s services are of a unique and artistic nature; that the photos and videos may be different from photos and videos done by the company in the past; and that in creating the photos and videos, we shall use our own creative artistic judgment to create images consistent with our personal judgment and vision of the event, which may be different from the clients and or the subject’s vision of the event. Accordingly, Client acknowledges that the photos and videos shall not be subject to rejection on the basis of taste or esthetic criteria.
Genepsis Studio will be the exclusive professional photographer and/or videographer and will have full creative control of all production. Friends and family are permitted to operate photographic and video cameras on the condition that they do not interfere with or get in the way of the professional coverage. Any conflicts with other photographic or video coverage contracts, and any notifications necessary to avoid such conflicts, are the sole responsibility of the Client.
Company will not be liable to the Client for any loss resulting from an act of God, natural disaster (including but not limited to fire, earthquake, storm, hurricane, flood, lightning, tornado), an accident of any kind, an act of the public enemy, war, general arrest or restraint of government and people, civil disturbance or similar occurrence, terrorist attack, general disruption of the Internet, or general inability of national carriers to make scheduled deliveries.
Limitation of Liability
If Company fails to provide the services hereunder due to reasons other than those listed in Point 8 herein, Client’s recovery and Company’s liability is limited to the total amount paid from Client to Company under this Agreement and Company will have no further liability to Client, regardless of the total amount of costs or damages claimed by Client. Client’s recovery is also limited to the total amount paid from Client to Company under this Agreement in a situation where the digital files are lost or damaged through camera malfunction, where Company’s camera(s) memory cards are stolen, or where Company’s equipment is otherwise lost or damaged. If only a portion of files are lost, stolen or damaged, refund to client will be in reasonable proportion to the amount of lost files.
Assumption of Risk; Release of Company. Client is responsible for and assumes the risk of injury to Client throughout the wedding day coverage. The client, their heirs, and next of kin, agree to fully release company, and company’s employees and independent contractors from any and all liability, claims and/or litigation or other actions that client may have for injuries, disability, or death or other damages of any kind, including but not limited to, direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages of any kind.
Cancellation & Refunds
1. Change of Date: In case of a change in the time or date of the Event, Genepsis Studio shall make reasonable efforts to accommodate the change. However, if the new time or date conflicts with Genepsis Studio existing schedule, Genepsis Studio reserves the right to terminate the Agreement. In the event of such termination, Client shall forfeit any previous non-refundable deposits.
2. Client Cancellations: The client reserves the right to terminate the contract for any reason at any time up to the date of the event. Should the client terminate the contract, all money paid less the non-refundable deposit described in Section 2.1 will be refunded up to two weeks prior to the date of the event. Should the client cancel within 2 weeks of the event, then the client will be liable for 100% of the contracted rate.
3. All monies paid through a payment plan are considered non-refundable.
4. Company Cancellations: If Genepsis Studio fails to comply with the terms of this Agreement due to any event at or beyond the control of Genepsis Studio including but not limited to illness, accident, labor disputes, Acts of God and other catastrophes, or uncontrollable and unforeseeable equipment failure, Genepsis Studio’s liability is limited only to a refund of all money received. In the event that the client is in breach of any terms or agreements within this contract, Genepsis Studio has the right to cancel all remaining services and refund any balance for work not yet completed.